I am passionate about helping people solve their problems and create a brighter future.
My knowledge of Product Information Management and Master Data Management happens to be the quirky outlet I have to pursue this passion.
This knowledge has been accumulated over the past 20 years, during which I have been helping companies achieve operational excellence and competitive advantages by implementing advanced data management and multi-channel publishing solutions.
Most of this time, I was working for Stibo Systems – one of the leading vendors in the Product Information Management and Master Data Management space.
I have covered many different job functions over the years such as sales, pre-sales, account management, customer service and support, but the area that I have always enjoyed the most is systems implementation – acting as either project manager or lead consultant (sometimes both) of medium to large-sized PIM or MDM projects.
The customers were typically global brand-owners, market-leading distributors or online retailers – all with a similar fundamental need to get in control of their product information, but also with many different drivers for how to use this control to get business value from the investment such as:
- Improving and automating printed catalog production processes
- Automating processes around the receiving of product data feeds from suppliers
- Managing content in multiple languages and the related translation processes
- Managing complex relationships between products (e.g. which components fit together)
- Obtaining a single view of products
- Achieving proper structures and granularity of product information to support a media and platform-independent publishing strategy
- And much more…
I enjoyed my time with Stibo Systems very much, but I always had a desire to one day start my own business, and that day has finally come.
Now I am looking forward to using and share everything I have learned with customers of my own, and of course readers of my blog.
My home base is in the beautiful surroundings of Skanderborg, Denmark, where I live with my wife and our two sons.